Ecos Knives was started by Jason Aube who is a self taught Michigan Knifemaker that started making knives at age 14. At the time of writing this he has been making knives for 24yrs. Originally concentrating his efforts on stainless steel blades with immaculate finishes (hand rubbed satin finishes, mirror polishes, etc) He soon found while these finishes look great they soon get messed up with actual use. So he decided to start Ecos to offer custom knives with user grade finishes at affordable prices. One of the biggest reasons we are carrying work created by Ecos knives is to get people to try their very first full custom knife and make that jump from production to custom without it breaking their bank. Jason Aube does an apprentice within his shop and a bit more about him. Juvel joined us in 2011 as our apprentice. Prior to working with us he was in the construction field. After a trial period to make sure he was compatible with the business he became a full time worker. He is still being trained with some stages of the process but has mastered many stages. Today Juvel does most of the heavy work. He does the majority of the forging, grinding, finishing, etc. Both Jason and Juvel contribute to the making of these pieces.
- Model: Kwaiken
- Overall Length: 6.50"
- Blade Length: 3.50"
- Blade Grind: Double Flat Grind
- Edge Grind: Double Flat Grind
- Blade Steel: 1095, clay coated and differentially hardened
- Blade Finish: Hand sanded to 600grit, acid etched to bring out the hamons color (yes, its a real hamon).
- Handle Material: Black paracord overwrap with maroon satin cord underwrap that is then sealed with epoxy to keep from ever unwrapping.
- Color: Black/Maroon
- Sheath: Kydex with 0.75" hole spacing
- Country: All Knives made proudly in Cebu, PHILLIPINES