The Squidtrainer was the first balisong trainer to be produced by Squid Industries. The Squidtrainer is known to feel as smooth as a balisong with bushings, despite being bushingless, due to its meticulous machining process. Since its inception in 2015, we’ve integrated feedback from flippers all around the world each year to make it the best flipper in its class.
The Squidtrainer V3.5 has undergone significant change since the first production run in 2016. It features the following:
- Integral channel handle design machined from 6061 T6511 aluminum alloy
- Machined handle texture pattern and bead blast finish for better grip
- Rounded handles and blade spine for enhanced comfort and durability
- Precision ground heat treated 410 stainless blade for maximum smoothness, minimal handle play, and zero blade rub
- Press-fit stainless steel rods installed into the ends of each handle for better feel and momentum
The Inked Series Squidtrainer V3.5 features a DLC coated blade. DLC, or Diamond-Like Carbon, is an extremely hard coating used to reduce friction, wear, fretting, galling, and corrosion. Not only is it tough, but it's also incredibly thin and comes in at under 2 microns in thickness.
- Total Length (Open Position): 10"
- Total Length (Closed Position): 5.75"
- Handle Length: 5.5"
- Handle Thickness: 0.5"
- Blade Length: 5.2"
- Weight: 4.65 Ounces
- Handle Material: 6061 T6511 Aluminum
- Handle Finish: Milled Texture, Bead Blasted
- Handle Colors: Silver, Blue, Black, Red, Dual Tone Black
- Blade Material: 410 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: DLC (Diamond Like Carbon)
- Pin Design: Press-Fit 18-8 Stainless Steel Zen Pins
- Handle Design: Channel
- Pivot Design: Washers (Phosphorus Bronze)
- Latch Design: Latchless
- Balance Profile: Neutral
- Country of Origin: USA
NOTE: The following product is a balisong (butterfly) knife trainer and not a real knife. The "blade" shown in the following pictures is merely a dull slab of plastic used to mimic the weight and feel of a real blade. Trainers are not weapons and are strictly made for recreational and educational purposes only.